Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Very Sweet 1st Birthday


 Welcome to Mary Kate’s Strawberry Patch!  This party was so much fun to plan!  I can’t remember how I originally got stuck on the strawberry idea; maybe because Mary Kate's birthday is in May which is the beginning of Strawberry season? I loved the idea of a vintage Strawberry theme.


 I started her outfit almost three months ago, I knew with it being the end-of-a-school-year, time would be very limited to work on it.  I used the Tie Die Diva Pretty Pantaloons and Butterfly Top pattern…I love this company's patterns!  You can’t see them so well in my pictures, but the little pantaloons were just adorable!  I ran across the fabric at Hobby Lobby and thought the colors were just perfect for our strawberry theme…plus I can never pass up a beautiful shabby-chic looking floral!  I added the cream eyelet detail on the sleeves and the front bodice…thought it looked a little more “strawberry” girl that way.  Since our sweet lil’ half pint has no hair, the bonnet worked perfectly! 

On the front door folded paper fans welcome guests to “the farm”.  These are so simple to make and tutorials are floating around on Pintrest.

We hosted the party in the backyard on our patio.  Festive red paper lanterns hung from our Cedar trees.  I love the pop of red against the dark tree.  These were such a great find…only a dollar a piece at the Everything’s A Dollar store…plus they really light up with little battery powered lights!  I love a good deal!










The invitations I ordered from a wonderful little ETSY company called The Homespun Hostess .   Sara was wonderful to work with and even helped me adjust the date since we had to reschedule the party. * The scones you see in the background I will post the recipe for tomorrow J…they were a big hit!

The adorable party hats were so much fun to make…and so simple!  I got the wonderful tutorial from one of the blogs I follow Girl. Inspired.  Stef’s blog This Inspire Me is just amazing!  Click here to check out her party hats and see her wonderful work! 

The little girls at the party received souvenirs baskets filled with strawberry goodies, and the boys take-me-home gift was a monogrammed brown craft paper circle, zigzag stitched, with strawberry and sour apple jelly-belly’s hiding inside.

We had a very happy Birthday Girl!  What a great pleasure it was to plan this party!  That’s it for today…tomorrow I’ll share some of the yummy treats and a few of my favorite recipes from the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment