Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Winter Garden Themed Baby Shower



On this cold, chilly day in January, I thought I might share a few pictures from my sisters baby shower that two of her best friends and I threw her exactly a year ago this month.  I ran across the photos the other day going through files and realized we did the shower before I was blogging, so I had never shared these before.  The theme was a winter garden.  As a child, my sister had collected Beatrix Potter dishes, books, and such.  We wanted to incorporate some really cute little Peter Rabbit post cards we had of Beatrix Potter characters in winter settings.  I wish I had a close-up of the framed prints...somehow I don't think I got one.  In one of the pics you can see it sitting on the table amidst the branches, moss and paper whites.

I really loved this theme for a winter baby shower.  It was simple and elegant...totally the mother-to-be.  The little touches of spring were so nice to see as it was very cold that day!  We served Pink Mixer Cupcakes ( a neighbor of mine owns and bakes)  which were amazing and so beautiful!  As well as brownie pops, creme puffs, heavenly chocolate mouse, fresh fruit, cucumber sandwiches, and iced sugar cookies.  For drinks, there was warm Chamomile Tea (a nod to Peter Rabbit himself), and a hot chocolate station.

As a thank-you to the hostesses, my sister had made little bags for each  of us with gardening gloves, Loccataine' hand lotion, herb garden labels, Anthropology mug's and some tea.  What a sweet surprise!









 
I can't believe it was almost a year ago! 
Have a great Wednesday everyone!
 
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as always! Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free...Lugarde log cabins

    ReplyDelete