Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Custom Couture Creations by Two Bees...


Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I have added a few more items to the ETSY store today.  For those who aren’t familiar with ETSY,  it is an e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items as well as art and craft supplies. These items cover a wide range including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, food, bath and beauty products, quilts, knick-knacks, and toys…that you wiki-pedia!  If you have never been on the ETSY site (www.ETSY.com) you have to go right now and check it out!  And cross off about two hours…you will get completely lost in your finds!  I have a little store, aptly named, Two Bees and a Belle.  It is taking me a bit to get going, but slowly and surely, I am adding little creations to sell.  I have really been doing lots of behind-the-scenes work the past year, selecting patterns, researching fabrics and current trends in children’s clothing and sewing!  I have looked at many other designers on ETSY and the web, and have come to a few conclusions…

1.        I really like vintage inspired items and hope that my shop reflects an appreciation for the “up-cycled” approach

2.       As I am an artist, I really struggle with making 20 of the exact identical thing.  I like to make things that are unique and I think customers like for their creations to be unique as well.  If I wanted something cookie-cutter I would order it from a magazine!  This being said, I have decided at this point in time to just offer example of a pattern made up on my ETSY site, not 30 items made and ready to ship.  My hope is that customers will see a style that the like and write me a note saying “I know I want a reversible apron skirt in browns and teals for fall in a size 3…what can you come up with?”  At that point I would pull some fabric example from on-line and offer a few combos that I think would work.  Once fabric is selected, it will be ordered, and once it arrives we begin your own custom little creation. 

3.       I am completely committed to making cute couture item at a reasonable price that are one-of-a-kind!

So without further ado….this week’s three additions to the store are  (drum-roll please…..)
 

The Reversible Apron Skirt

https://www.etsy.com/listing/108107695/reversible-apron-skirt
(click blue links and it will take you directly to ETSY for a detailed description)

For sizes 2 T - 7




 

The Laurens Retro A-Line Dress (with leggings and headband if desired)


For sizes 12 months – 8 years
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 

and last but not least…

The Two Bees Jersey Knit Skirt

Size 6 mth. – adult

 
And don’t forget to check out the hats that inspired me to create this skirt at https://www.etsy.com/listing/100443055/the-mary-kate-cloche-creamneutral-size  
 

....this hat paired with that skirt and leggings would be darling for fall!  You dream up a color combo and we will see if I can’t find it!
 I would love, love, love to hear your feedback on this! 

Happy Wednesday,

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Love the new apron!! I think the hats will be darling for fall. I need to order a size 6-9 months for lil Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER been on esty...WOW! Thank you for the info! I Love your style! My daughter, Kallie, does too! She too is an artist! You & Kallie would be like two peas in a pod if you two started to get creative together! Kallie would like me to order her a skirt w/matching headband. I will let you know when she decides on a color. I received your amazing pillow case. I love it! Thank you so much! Take care & God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great Heather! But be careful...dangerous too :) ! Kallie and I sound like we would get along great! Whenever she decides just let me know and I will get started on it. I am so glad you are happy with the pillowcase...the starfish can be removed if you want to use it for other seasons. Take care Heather!!

      Delete